Location: United Kingdom - Glasgow
Annual Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits (Pension plan etc) to be discussed at full interview stage.
Working Location: Office based with expectation of worldwide travel for vessel inspections / repair works.
Songa Ship Management Ltd is currently searching for a QES Superintendent to add to our team.
Candidates must be good team workers and have a drive for continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience as QES superintendent with container vessels and served on board as Chief Officer / Master. The role of the QES superintendent consists of being part of a highly motivated group, and is responsible for all aspects of technical management of assigned vessels and to contribute to a reliable, safe and cost effective operation.
• Manage and ensure Company vessels are operated safely in compliance with local and international regulatory and statutory maritime frameworks such as but not limited to: ISM, ISPS, MLC, MARPOL, etc.
• Ensuring on-board compliance with the company’s SMS, new regulations and Class requirements
• To travel or sail with the vessels for inspections/audits when necessary
• Monitor or report on new or current legislation, which may impact on the operation of the ships
• Identify areas for improvements, evaluate and improve vessel performance
• Drive the implementation of Management of Change for marine matters
• Responding to and closing out near miss reports
• Reviewing risk assessments and updating as required
Due to the requirements of the job, the successful candidate will be expected to live within reasonable travelling distance of Glasgow.
Applicants must hold the current, full and unrestricted right to live and work in the EU.